Home security systems and security camera options available to Canadians
Many Canadians are spending late summer away from large cities to savour a summertime that was cut short by the pandemic. With any prolonged period of time away from home, there is always the threat of attempted burglary. It’s no wonder so many Canadian homeowners take advantage of modern home security systems – having the peace of mind that their home is protected. But with so many choices on the market, how do families know how to choose the best home security system?
Home security systems allow homeowners to keep a watchful eye on their property while they are vacationing, either abroad or at the cottage. By statregically installing different security cameras throughout a home, homeowners can see a live view of their property via their smartphones. A proper home security setup can send alerts to the homeowner in the event of a break-in.
Why purchase a home security system?
Homeowners can purchase home security cameras and systems through major online retailers, big-box retail stores, home improvement outlets, and hardware stores.
These systems have become much more affordable in recent years, with a wide range of options that can fit any homeowner's needs. Home security systems can monitor people entering the property to ensure their safety, keep a watchful eye on the wellbeing of pets, and deter both theft and break-ins.
5 tips to help you choose the right home security system
- Choose an all-in-one home security solution that does not include a regular subscription service fee for live monitoring of your home.
- Consider a home security system that has solar-powered cameras which never need their batteries replaced or charged.
- Purchase a home security system that allows homeowners to expand on their setup. Some systems allow for the addition of nanny cams, motion detection sensors, carbon monoxide detectors, and smoke alarms.
- Ensure that your next home security system offers smartphone integration that can send real-time push notifications to your phone in the event of an emergency.
- Find a home security solution that includes cloud-based storage of video footage at no extra cost.
The different types of home security systems available to homeowners
The many options for homeowners continue to evolve with new innovations regularly entering the market. Learn more about available offerings and pick the best home security system for your property.
- Outdoor security cameras that include motion detection and floodlights which turn on when movement is detected
- Smart doorbells that include cameras and keypads
- Cameras that allow homeowners to view a live stream of their home along with two-way voice communication
- Discreet nanny cams that are hidden from plain sight
- Sensors that can detect movement from strangers, broken windows, smoke, and carbon monoxide
- Alarm integration for specific entrances to the home
- Night vision camera options that can detect movement from both humans and animals
- Facial recognition software that captures images of anyone entering the property
- Wireless camera options that include high-resolution and wide-angle imagery for large homes
- Pet cameras allowing you to monitor pets and their wellbeing
- Systems with mobile app integration that can notify a homeowner of a visitor to the property
- Solutions that include 24/7 monitoring from live security professionals
Protect your home with AmeriSpec
While a reliable home security system can keep your property safe from intruders, AmeriSpec can provide peace of mind when it comes to your home’s condition. Trust AmeriSpec to provide home inspection services that can highlight further safety and comfort-related improvements to your property. When you need to take the next step, call our team at 866-284-6010