There is a wide choice of home inspectors in the marketplace.
Most likely, price will be one of the determining factors of whom you choose. But you will also want to consider some of the following:
- what does the home inspection look at. See a list of what an AmeriSpec home inspector typically inspects
- is the home inspector insured
- how many inspections has she performed
- what resources and other guides will you receive as part of your package
- how long will the home inspection take
- will you receive a written (printed or electronic) copy of an inspection report
- what training has the inspector taken
- is the inspector knowledgeable about other potential issues such as mould, radon, home energy efficiency, indoor air quality, and more.